Header ADS

JAMB UTME 2013 Change Of Course and Institution

Checking of Result
          JAMB usually releases the result about one week after the exam. Checking of result is usually done freely online simply go to www.jamb.org.ng Click on the UTME link at the right. On the new window, enter your registration number and your score will display. Make sure you print whatever result you are given.

 Change of Course/Institution Form
          Some candidates for one reason or the other after checking their result may want to change their institution or course. Over the years, candidates have changed their institution due to the following reasons.

Mistake: During registration process some candidates make mistake in choosing their courses or Institutions of choice.

Low JAMB Score: As you Many know, most Federal University allow only candidates who score 200 and above for admission. Some candidate who put them as first choice now scores less than 200. That means they are not eligible to write post UTME. If you eventually fall in this category, you will need to buy change of course/institution form to change your first choice to a university that accepts less than 200. That accept your score take 180 as cut-off mark. (Refer to the appendix for the list of university and their cut-off mark) When you have seen a suitable university, you can then proceed to obtain the form. The reason is because most university will not offer you admission if you put them as 2nd choice institution. Take note that the form also allows you to change your course if you wish. However, if you want to change your course, make sure the new course match your cut-off mark. Some university set cut-off for some course i.e llorin.

High Jamb Score: Some candidates out of fear that they may not score high enough in JAMB put some state university as first choice. Others put universities that are less competitive. Checking their result, they found out that they score high enough in JAMB. Some of these candidates later decide to change their institution to a Federal University or a supposed better one. The reason is because if your JAMB score is high, your chances of admission will be high too. In most cases, JAMB contributes 50% while post UTME contribute 50% so after your JAMB you may now see where you stand. If you are sure your score is high enough to give you a chance then go for it.

Change of orientation: Many students fumble their way through application without proper orientation. Some of them later find out that they have made the wrong choice in university. Some find out that the university they apply to is too competitive. Others just do not like the university they apply to. For these reasons and many others these candidates decide to change their institutions. So, if you fall in this category, you will also need change of institution form. 

How to Apply for the Change Of Course or Institution?

2013 JAMB UTME registration is currently in progress, and the only time for change of course & institution for submitted applications is after the JAMB UTME results have been released.
All students that want to change their institution or course should focus on their exam now, so after the release of 2013 JAMB UTME results, JAMB change of institution & course portal would be made available.

            Note: What I want you remember at this section is that if for any reason you will do change of institution make sure you do that at one week after JAMB release the result. Many persons check their result with their phone. Even if you do, try and go online to print it. It may be worth the effort later. If you have any complain with JAMB, you may need to email them. For those who want to do change of name, we will also intimate you with the procedure and cost of doing that.
Like us on facebook to get updates

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post


Header ADS


Header ADS
Do you have any doubts? chat with us on WhatsApp
Hello, How can I help you? ...
Click here to start the chat...